PROCEDURE TO ORDER FILMS VIA FAMILY SEARCH (LDS CHURCH) ONLINE
Go to website https://film.familysearch.org
Follow the instructions on the right hand side of the page
1. Sign up for a free account. Use your name and email address
2. Select “Cairns and District Family History Society Inc” as the ‘Family History Centre’
3. The LDS Admin will send an email to your home email address which you will need to access BEFORE you can proceed further
4. Confirm your account
5. Return to the “Search Page”, using the above website address if necessary
6. “Loan Type”, select ‘Short Term Microfilm Loan’
7. Add ‘Film Number’ found previously from the ‘Family Search’ IGI pages, and follow instructions
8. Use your own Credit/Debit Card number. Payment will be in Australian dollars @ $7.75 per film
9. If the system does not accept the input, check that the number you have is for a film – not a microfiche. If it is a microfiche then for ‘Loan Type’, selection “Extended Mircofiche Loan’
10. You will then receive a phone call or email to notify you that the film/s ordered are at the Society’s rooms for viewing. Once you have finished viewing the film/s the Society will return them to LDS.
Please note: If ordering from the Society’s computers, members must bring their own email address and password, credit/debit card details with them to the rooms, because the LDS send an email to your home address for confirmation before you can proceed.
For further information please email our Films Co-ordinator, Peter Mortimer at this Cairns & District Family History Society.
About Us |
Research Services |
Getting Started |
What's On |